Do you want the perfect steak?! Try some Steak Aromatherapy….Follow these steps to produce a delicious, juicy steak!
No need to buy steak rubs, liberally season steak with kosher salt and course ground black pepper (I like to use a little garlic powder too).
RULE NUMBER ONE: Chill Out
Take your steaks out 20-30 minutes BEFORE you plan to cook them! A cold steak will cook unevenly.
RULE NUMBER TWO: HOT PAN!
Turn your cast iron pan on HIGH!
Once the pan begins to smoke, add olive oil!
Place the steaks in there pan, searing it for 30seconds on each side.
Now for the aromatics…….
Add crushed garlic (no need to peel)
Add thyme sprigs
Begin to add dabs of butter…..
RULE NUMBER THREE: GIVE IT SOME BASTE!
Use a spoon to baste the steaks frequently!
Flip the steaks every MINUTE in order to create even browning and cooking.
*Be sure to render any fat on your steak.
Not sure if your steak is done to your likeness?! Check this out
STOP!!! Hang up the phone. There is no need to order chinese take-out when you can make it yourself, in the amount of time it takes for delivery. Tonight’s dinner is a spicy, crispy treat! Some of the ingredients may seem useless but they are essential in any Asian dish you could imagine making. These General Tso’s Shrimp are DELICIOUS!!!!!
General Tso’s Shrimp
You will need:
1-1 ½ lb of jumbo shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail on)
2 eggs (beaten)
½ cup cornstarch
1 T soy sauce
About 1/3 cup vegetable oil, for frying
2 T minced garlic
2 T minced ginger
½ cup chicken stock (or water) ——- You won’t notice the difference
3 T hoisin sauce (can be found in the Asian section of your local market)
2 T soy sauce
2 tsp chili paste (Sambal Oelek)
3 tsp sesame oil
5 T sugar
2 T cornstarch
8 dried red chiles (optional)
3 scallions (sliced on a bias)
- Pat shrimp dry and add the soy sauce to the beaten eggs. Using one hand for egg wash and the other for cornstarch, lightly dredge the shrimp (egg wash first).
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in saute pan. Fry shrimp until they are golden brown and crispy! Set to the side.
- Discard majority of oil (Leave a coating in pan), add minced garlic and ginger, saute for a minute. Add shrimp, toss for about 30 seconds.
- Add sauce and alllow it to thicken, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over white rice, garnish and ENJOY!!!
There’s nothing greater than serving the perfect moist and flavorful chicken breast! No worries and about 15-17 minutes is all you’ll need!
Well you’ll need there few things too:
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon Olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit .
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Trim any fat on the chicken and season thoroughly with spice mix.
3. Heat the olive oil in a grill pan. Sear chicken for 2 minutes and turn over. Sear the other side for the same amount of time. Transfer pan to the oven for 15-17 minutes until the breast are golden brown!
4. ENJOY! Serve over salad or won’t you favorite side dishes.
This delicious recipe will leave you wanting more! Juicy chicken breast stuffed with spinach, mozzarella cheese and tomatoes. Mediterranean inspired, Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast can be paired with your favorite pasta or rice and veggie!
What you will need:
1 cup of frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
1 medium ripe tomato (diced)
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of oregano
2 Boneless Chicken Breast
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon of chicken seasoning mix (recipe follows)
Oozing with greatness!
1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Season with a touch of salt and pepper.
2.Cut into the side of the breast to create a “pocket” for your stuffing. Season the chicken with the seasoning salt and black pepper.
3. Stuff your spinach mix into the pocket and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
4. Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides (Presentation, the smoother side, first). Then transfer the pan to a preheated (375 degrees) oven for about 12-15 minutes.
5. Let chicken rest on a plate for about 5 minutes then slice and serve!!!!!
Chicken Seasoning Mix
1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
1 teaspoon dry parsley
1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon paprika
What you’ll need :
1 cup of long grain white rice
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
2 cups of water
1. Bring water to a boil. Add rice and butter, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Stir the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Add to freshly cooked rice prior to serving.
This is the perfect creole inspired dish! You can add as much heat as you want! Enjoy this Blackened Tilapia with Lime-Cilantro rice and fresh steamed broccoli!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10-13 minutes
1 lb of fresh tilapia
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion
1 teaspoon of white pepper
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of dry thyme
1 teaspoon of dry oregano
2 tablespoons of smoked paprika
2 teaspoons of dried parsley
2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
olive oil for brushing
Line a baking sheet with foil and add about 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
In a small bowl mix the spices together.
Dry tilapia with a paper towel. Lightly brush the fish with olive oil.
Pat the seasoning mix onto every inch of your tilapia. Let fish sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
Bake in a pre-heated oven (350º F) for about 11-12 minutes.
These crab cakes are a perfect, minimal filling and maximum crustacean, can be served with a side salad or french fries. The prep time is only about 10-12 minutes and cook time is only about 7-9!!! The remoulade sauce is the perfect complement!
What you will need:
1 can of premium LUMP crab meat (most cans are 16 ounces)
1/3 cup of red bell peppers
1/3 cup of green peppers
2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
3 tablespoons of spicy mustard
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1. Mix all ingredients lightly. Try not to break the crabmeat up too much. Lightly fold the ingredients together. Form “cakes”, size according to preference.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet, cook crab cakes for 4 minutes on each side.
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
4 tablespoons of whole grain or horseradish mustard
2 teaspoons of tabasco sauce
Salt and Pepper
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 scallion minced
Mix well. Chill for about an hour.