This is the ultimate 25-30 minute meal! Full of flavor with little effort. I’m not a measuring cup kinda girl but here’s what you’ll need.
2lbs or raw shrimp. (peeled, deveined, tail-on)
Two cloves of garlic minced (about a tablespoon and a half)
1 medium onion (chopped)
1/4 cup of Italian parsley
1/4 cup of basil
3 tablespoons of oregano
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of white wine
1 1/2 tomato diced or can of diced tomatoes (will not effect the taste)
Red pepper flakes (to taste)
Pasta of your choice (Linguini, Angel Hair, etc. )
1. Boil water in a deep pot for pasta.
2. Toss shrimp with salt, red pepper flakes. Heat oil in large skillet. Add shrimp. Toss once. When done (1-2 minites) set aside on a plate. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper or more red pepper flakes, if desired.
3. Add onions, tomatoes, wine and oregano. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic.
4. Water should be boiling, add salt (if desired) and a drop of olive oil. Cook pasta al dente and plate.
5. Add shrimp back to sauce and let it thicken. About 2 minutes. Turn the skillet off. Add basil and parsley. Serve over pasta.
Presto! Little Italy in you’re dining room! Or sofa! ☺